Proudly Founded by Bill Comrie
Get Geared Up Days
With hockey season fast approaching, we wanted to make getting your hockey gear from the Calgary Flames Sports Bank as easy as possible. On Saturday, August 20th and Saturday, August 27th, our doors will be open from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
We have 30 total one hour appointments available each day. If you have a child in need of hockey gear this season, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book an appointment. Appointments will be first come, first serve, so book fast!
Important points to keep in mind:
1. Please book a separate one hour appointment for each child. If you have two children, please book two appointments.
2. Each appointment is for an hour. The outfitting itself may not take the full hour, and you may leave whenever the appointment is completed. You are not required to stay the full hour.
3. That said, please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. We will have lots of families in the Sports Bank on these days, and arriving late may lead to loss of your appointment. You will then need to reschedule your appointment for another day.
4. If your child is a goalie, please book a 2:00pm appointment! Goalies take a little more time. In order to stay on schedule, we will do all goalie outfittings in the last hour of the day.
5. Equipment is subject to current inventory levels. We may not be able to provide every piece of equipment needed but we will do our best.
We are going to have more families through the doors in one day than we get in a week! We will need some additional hands to make this a wonderful experience for them. There are a few different volunteer roles available. Please review below and sign up for what you feel fits best! If you are interested in volunteering for the event, please click here.
The outfitters are responsible for getting the right fitting gear on each child. They will be interacting with each child and their parents/guardians. An outfitter should have experience with hockey equipment and know how to properly fit someone in hockey equipment.
*Outfitters are required to demonstrate a current Vulnerable Sector Check
Equipment Runners (5)
Runners will work closely with outfitters. As outfitters are helping kids try on gear, runners will bring equipment to the outfitter to put on the kids. If the equipment does not fit, runners will grab additional sizes for the outfitters.
Rovers will float between the outfitting areas and help as runners or outfitters if an area begins to fall behind. They will also be responsible for guiding families to their assigned outfitting areas for their appointments.