Sat, Aug 20|
Get Geared Up Outfitting Days
The Sports Bank is open on Saturdays! Come get all geared up for the upcoming Hockey season on Saturday, August 20th and 27th.
Time & Location
Aug 20, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Calgary, 3557 52 St SE, Calgary, AB T2B 3R3, Canada
About the Event
Hockey season is almost hear! To help as many qualified families as we can, the Calgary Flames Sports Bank will be opening our doors on Saturday, August 20th and Saturday, August 27th from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
One hour appointment slots will be available throughout the day. Please book a one hour appointment for each of your children needing hockey gear.
We have 30 total appointments available each day. If you have a child in need of hockey gear this season, please reach out to email@example.com for more information or to book an appointment. Appointments will be first come, first serve, so book fast!
Important points to keep in mind:
1. Please book a seperate appointment for each child. If you have two children, please book two appointments.
2. Each appointment is for an hour. The outfitting itself may not take the full hour, and you may leave whenever the appointment is completed. You are not required to stay the full hour.
3. That said, please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. We will have lots of families in the Sports Bank on these days, and arriving late may lead to loss of your appointment. You will then need to reschedule your appointment for another day.
4. If your child is a goalie, please book a 2:00pm appointment! Goalies take a little more time. In order to stay on schedule, we will do all goalie outfittings in the last hour of the day.
5. Equipment is subject to current inventory levels. We may not be able to provide every piece of equipment needed but we will do our best.
We are going to have more families through the doors in one day than we get in a week, and we will need some additional hands to make this a wonderful experience for them. There are a few different volunteer roles available. Please review below and sign up for what you feel fits best! If you are interested in volunteering for the event, please click here.
- Outfitters (5)
The outfitters are responsible for getting the right fitting gear on each child. They will be interacting with each child and their parents/guardians. An outfitter should have experience with hockey equipment and know how to properly fit someone in hockey equipment.
*Outfitters are required to demonstrate a current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Equipment Runners (5)
Runners will work closely with outfitters. As outfitters are helping kids try on gear, runners will bring equipment to the outfitter to put on the kids. If the equipment does not fit, runners will grab additional sizes for the outfitters.
- Rovers (2)
Rovers will float between the outfitting areas and help as runners or outfitters if an area begins to fall behind. They will also be responsible for guiding families to their assigned outfitting areas for their appointments.